Tuesday, June 21, 2011

T-Shirt Design!

So I got my first freelance job designing a t-shirt for the NY Terror inline hockey team! I was super excited, quite literally jumping for joy when I got the news. As soon as the jumping stopped the sketching began and within a day or so I whipped out a few sketches for the design. They wanted a gorilla intimidating a goalie, if you haven't guessed yet the gorilla is their mascot. Here are some of the first sketches..

Upclose of gorilla face
My fave, doesn't he look like he is going to kick some butt?! Behind him would be the audience and above the NYC skyline.

Gorilla in full uniform intimidating goalie with scoreboard above.
Gorilla playing roller hockey with hockey rink and boards behind him. Gotta love that and the anger, I mean he really wants to win this one! I have no idea why I love doing images of rage so much.

   I personally was in love with the second sketch with the skyline, alas, the NY Terror Team liked the sketches, but wanted something very intimidating so I ended up doing something entirely different . The project, however, gave me a wonderful excuse to watch Mighty Joe Young again, which I really loved as a child. There are also some very lovely songs in that movie such as the windsong which I've posted here in case anyone was interested. I believe its in Swahili, very beautiful. I will be posting the final sketch and the final product on the t-shirt when it is available.

No comments:

Post a Comment