Tuesday, May 1, 2012

What Lies Beneath the Water

Display with the blue light behind it

   This is the latest window display I designed and put together with my partner.  The styling I had a blast with. My mom and I are very into collecting seashells and really anything that has to do with the ocean. This gave me a ton of different styling props to play around with. The big blue starfish in her hair actually is from our trip to the US Virgin Islands a couple of years ago. Her dress, a Sue Wong fully beaded gown, I picked up from Loehmann's for my prom dress a couple of years ago. The dress print itself was inspired by coral and underwater. I thought what better than to display the gown as if she was underwater and reaching up onto a fishing net adorned with more starfish. The story I had in my mind for this window was she was in an underwater cave, catching the net and rising to the surface in this gorgeous gown of course. We put lights behind the silhouette of the cave and they changed colors so we have more than one shot of it.

 
Display with a green light behind it 

     The window display I'm currently working on is a mannequin walking into a gigantic snake's mouth. dun, dun, DUN! No I swear its not that scary, we're trying to go for a more a seductive look with it.

   PS. Not a big fan of carving foam, I end up every night with pink foam and glitter all over my clothes,   looks like I got some magical dust from a fairy thrown onto me.

Carving the snake head out of foam for the facade of the window display


No comments:

Post a Comment