Monday, January 2, 2012

Whimsical Walks on 5th Ave- Part 1

Bergdoff Goodman- Mosaic Underwater Window
  A few weeks back I went on a long walk down 5th ave to view all of the holiday window displays, which I hope you have at least taken a peek at. I'm really in love with beautiful window displays and honestly a lot of them are just art installations as far as I'm concerned. Oh that and most of them were created by artists. Hopefully, I'll get to do some window displays, but till then I'm going to have fun viewing and taking photographs of them. But I wanted to share some of my favorite windows. By the way, hands down, Bergdoff Goodman had the best windows. The attention to detail is amazing!
Mosaic Detail
In between bigger windows, Bergdoff Goodman also had a wonderful paper sculpture display done by Jay Soonthornsawad. I'm absolutely in love with paper sculpture, pop up books, and tunnel books. I was fascinated at the way it looks like a combination of the 3. The depth in the piece is incredible.
Jay Soonthornsawad's Paper Sculpture

 He also did a very large window display for them, entirely made out of paper. In it he transforms books into magical little tunnels for mice and forests for chameleons. I think my favorite though is the porcupine.



Transformed Books, detail




Mice Tunnels!
Aren't these great? There are a few more that I'd like to post, so my next post will be part 2 with more window displays.






     

No comments:

Post a Comment